Wednesday, March 20, 2024

New Zealand to Tasmania

From ChristChurch, I started gazing toward Australia, where I spent a month visiting with a family years ago, and decided to first hop over to Hobart, Tasmania (YMHB), since we all (don't we?) have fond memories of the Bugs Bunny cartoons and their Tasmanian Devil. I wasn't sure about the range of the Metro III, so I switched to the good old McDonnell-Douglas MD-82, which has direct heritage from the Douglas Aircraft DC-9.


The MD-82 is a sleek T-Tail twin medium-range jet aircraft, that I admired back in the old days, and have flown in as a passenger a few times. 


After I arrived in Hobart, I switched back to the Metro III, and flew around the west coast of that island, pausing in Launceston (YMLT). I really enjoyed seeing some of the gorgeous scenery around Tasmania!


From Launceston, I headed north, flying across the Bass Strait to Melbourne International (YMML), to begin a circumnavigation of the island continent of Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment