Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Thailand to China, Taiwan, Japan, Russia

Leaving Bangkok, I headed into China, then Taiwan, Japan, and up to the northern edge of Russia

 

 

 

 

 

 

I touched down at each of the following airports. You can click on each airport identifier, to see a Wikipedia article about it:

ZUBD - Qamdo Banga, China. This airport sits higher than anywhere I've flown in real life. It's not on all charts, and is not far from the KDJ VOR navigational aid. The airport elevation is 14,219 feet, which is higher than many general aviation aircraft can comfortably fly. When it came time to depart, I thought it was pretty hilarious, that the Metro III's pressurization system was warning me that the cabin altitude was too high, before I had even taken off. 

It was a little tricky flying into this airport, as it doesn't show up in the database on the SkyVector website that I use to plan my flights, and there are no instrument approaches for it, in the X-Plane 11 flight simulator I'm using. Not to worry, because the simulated air traffic control made it easy, by vectoring me during my descent, right to the final approach, and the weather was good enough, to see it from a distance. You can see the airport in this view, if you squint, as it's in the green area in the upper right corner of my view out the windshield.

ZBAA - Beijing, China

ZSSS - Shanghai, China

RCQC - Magong, Penghu, Taiwan

RJAW - Iwo Jima, Japan

RJCM - Hokkaido, Japan

UEEE - Yakutsk, Russia

UEST - Tiksi, Russia

No comments:

Post a Comment