Friday, August 30, 2019

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk

8/30: Departing Yelikovo airport on the Kamchatka peninsula, heading to Khomutovo (Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk) airport on Sakhalin island. I didn't think I could make it all the way to Japan in one leg, so I chose this airport at the southern tip of Sakhalin island for my refueling stop.


Descending toward Khomutovo airport. This was also a long flight, 714NM, compared to the range of the SF50 jet, but it seemed doable, so I attempted it without the assistance of an artificially-specified tailwind. I throttled way back for the climb and cruise segments of the flight, which resulted in a longer time for the flight, but conserved quite a bit of fuel. In this image, the fuel totalizer display on the right screen is telling me that I will have about an hour and a half of fuel left, after landing, which is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment