Monday, January 27, 2020

Palo Alto to Vernal

From Palo Alto, I decided to head back eastward, toward another destination that jogged some memories. The single-seat biplane that I used to fly, was built by a fellow who lived in Vernal, Utah, so I decided to pay his airport a virtual visit. Here are some things to do in Vernal. The real-world weather in Vernal included broken clouds with a moderately low ceiling, so I planned to fly the RNAV approach to runway 34. The clouds started getting thicker and closer together, as I approached Vernal.

While descending toward Vernal on the RNAV-34 approach, the broken clouds merged to become a solid overcast. The simulator does a nice job of depicting the undercast!

Here's a zoomed-out view of the entire front panel of the new SF-50 G2. You can see on the MFD, that I've entered the holding pattern for the RNAV-34 approach, and am flying outbound, which gives me a little extra time to get the airplane configured for landing. About the only thing left to do, is to extend full flaps, and set the autothrottle to adjust power to maintain a 90 knot selected approach speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment