Friday, February 21, 2020

Sao Paolo to Salvador

Departing Campinas, Sao Paolo, Brazil for Deputado Luís Eduardo Magalhães International Airport in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Here are some things to do in Salvador, Bahia. Today's 790 NM flight is comfortably within the fuel range of this little SF50G2 personal jet. The departure weather includes an overcast layer, with moderate rain and a crosswind. The NEXRAD display, which is even useful on the ground, shows the rain to be localized, and I'm expecting it to mostly dissipate, after I get about 40 miles away from the airport. I love that X-Plane is depicting precipitation on the windscreen. 

Climbing away from the airport, passing through 10,000 feet, and still in the clouds, as expected. I picked up a little ice, after I climbed above the freezing level, but the deicing equipment handled it well.

Approaching Salvador airport, descending through 8,000 feet over The Bay of All Saints, with the ILS approach to runway 10 setup in the avionics.

Descending through 1,000 feet on the ILS-10 approach, with the airport already in sight, on this hazy VFR day.

On the ramp at Salvador airport, with the main terminal off in the distance. I'm trying to be a more considerate guest at these big international airports, by parking away from the main terminal building. In real life, the security folks wouldn't appreciate me compromising the integrity of their boarding area.

The view of the ramp where I'm parked, from inside the control tower. I didn't realize this was even possible, until I was zooming around my view vantage point from outside the plane, and accidentally passed through this spot in space. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment