Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Rome to Genoa

Today's flight takes me from Rome, up the East coast to Sestri airport in Genoa, Italy. On our bicycling trip, my sister and I spent the night at a youth hostel in Genoa, that was in a small castle just across the street from the Ligurian Sea. What an experience, to pedal up to that gorgeous place, with its incredible ocean view, and find they had room for us. Of course, that was years ago, and I'm not able to find anything like that, when I search online today, hoping to find a picture. That seaside area is completely developed now. Here are some things to do in Genoa.

Sitting on the ground at Rome's Fiumicino airport, with full tanks, and the avionics all programmed up for the trip to Genoa.

Climbing out with Rome in the background.

Letting down through a high overcast layer, into the Genoa area, already tracking the ILS to runway 28.

On short final for Genoa, with some interesting docks off to the right of the final approach path.

Looking around the Sestri airport, I came upon this line of loading docks, most of them with trucks lined up, and it reminded me of just how significant aviation is to the cargo business.


No comments:

Post a Comment